Friday, November 21, 2008

To the point

I received an email yesterday from my uncle who wanted to talk about the point of life. Why we're here, what we can accomplish while we are. I don't claim to have any special insight, but I do know it's the people who smile who leave the longest lasting impressions. It's the ones who treat each day like a slow dance, a first kiss. It's the ones who only put pressure on themselves to be happy. The ones who love and love and love. 

I'm not sure I've done that particularly well. I'm a career-driven, often moody, judgmental guy who, as this blog's title suggests, can be an asshole. 

Someone who embodied those admirable values better than anyone else I ever knew died yesterday morning. Read about him in the Kaimin here and the Missoulian here

1 comment:

Blair said...

You are such a woman.