Monday, November 17, 2008

Michael Scott, my senior paper and Procrastination Station

Apologies for the dearth of posts. I've been totally bogged down by school projects and assignments the last couple of weeks. Tomorrow my senior paper is due and I still need to churn out about another 1,000 words before I can even begin editing it. Oh well, I'm trained to work well under pressure. 

For those who don't know, I'm an epic procrastinator. It's truly amazing I ever accomplish anything. Readers of the Kaimin are lucky their paper doesn't get published a day late, or even never at all. So tonight while putting off actually finishing up my senior paper--which is kinda important to the whole graduation thing--I found myself on YouTube watching a video of all the "that's what she saids" that have appeared on The Office, a TV favorite among me and my crowd. 

I'm big on interjecting the line into everyday conversation, so much so that I even told a friend that I was going to stop saying it and instead use a code, which is two quick coughs. 

Anyhow, after watching the video, I tried to go back to working on my senior paper, which is about the future of long-form narrative journalism in newspapers, but I realized it was full of "that's what she said"-worthy quotes, most of which were said by my sources. So I thought I should share.

"...length isn't really an obstacle..." 
"There seems to be a lot of lip service."
"...the perfect size, not just in length..."
"...you are only limited by your own stamina and ability..."
"It's not very comfortable." 
"If I had tighter space, it would have been the same."

4 comments:

S said...

Wow. I love this post.

Whitney Bermes said...

And you try to say you're the Jim of our office...

Bill Oram said...

i never, ever, ever claimed jim.

Blair said...

Come on, Dwight get out of my nook?