Welcome to Bill Oram is an Asshole. For starters, I'm not really an asshole. Well, at least I don't think I am. Many others will disagree. I will choose to ignore those folks (like a true asshole would).
This is my third (or fourth?) foray into the blogosphere, with my MySpace blog deleted and Assignment: Austin dormant. For my remaining loyal readers, you may be wondering why you should put forward the effort to stick with me through another blog that will inevitably fail. I have no response, other than to say you love me and you're a loyal reader for a reason.
As a journalism student and the editor of the Montana Kaimin, the student newspaper at the University of Montana, I constantly find myself surrounded by news. I get a spot in the paper to comment every week or so with my editorials, but I find myself wanting to spout off more often than that. Additionally, editing -- and modern journalism, for that matter -- deprives me the opportunity to write long flowing pieces. This space gives me the forum to return to that. Please bear with me through the run-on sentences.
I'm not entirely sure what will ultimately end up on this blog. I'm sure there will be personal anecdotes, rants and links to things I find interesting. I can't promise I'll be witty, insightful, entertaining or even interesting, but I'll sure try. I'll also work on the whole "not being an asshole" thing.
No promises.

No comments:
Post a Comment